Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Why You (Or I) Can't Argue With a Conservative :)

Current mood:amused


Typical Conservative reasoning. This all started becase this goober read my General Interests section. Stay tuned, new episodes undoubtedly to follow.



----------------- Original Message -----------------

From: TIM
Date: Jul 12, 2005 1:26 PM

So Amanda, are you saying that if someone's not a liberal, then they're a bigot? Or if they don't see things your way, then they are a bigot? Or if you're just a conservative, you're a bigot?


----------------- Original Message -----------------

From: Miss Amanda
Date: Jul 12, 2005 11:50 PM

Actually, Tim, I said nothing of the sort. What I said was that I have no tolerance for intolerant people. Being intolerant makes one a bigot. Being conservative does not make you a bigot, it just makes you somewhat unenlightened and generally possessing of poor political judgment. :o)

Amanda

----------------- Original Message -----------------

From: TIM
Date: Jul 13, 2005 10:09 AM

So as far as you're concerned, conservatives are "unenlightened" and "politically stupid"? Sounds like you have a "bigoted" view of conservatives. So tell me, what are conservatives "unenlightened" about?

Tim

----------------- Original Message -----------------

From: Miss Amanda
Date: Jul 13, 2005 10:42 AM

Tim, Tim, Tim! You simply must lighten up! It seems I have offended your conservative sensibilities. The odd little set of characters ":o)" is intended to represent a smile and generally indicates happiness, good sentiment, or that an adjacent statement was made in jest, as my statement was. In my defense, I never said "politically stupid" so that would be an inaccurate quote altogether. I stand by my initial assertion that I have no patience with intolerance, and I am not at all intolerant of the right of others to have views that differ from my own, nor am I intolerant of their views. I do however reserve my right to most vehemently disagree with any or all of them as I deem necessary. I am not a political bigot.

As to the "unenlighten(ment)" of conservatives I wryly alluded to, that would depend on both the issue and the conservative at hand. Anyone who doesn't feel that the opposing side is unenlightened in some way just does not believe passionately enough in their cause.

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha...You should try to argue with my brother, he is a right wing nut too. When I begin to win the argument he starts to yell at me, it usually ends with us both hurling personal insults at each other. So anymore I just ignore him when he goes on his rants, cause it just isn't worth it.
    (D Jordan, MySpace, 2005)

    ReplyDelete