Wednesday, July 7, 2010

New Tunes

It seems, the older I get, I find that my new favorite songs are my old favorite songs.  From the Beatles to The Who to the Black Crowes to Radiohead, that stuff never gets old.  And for the most part, when I'm paying attention, I just can't get into some of the crap they call music today.  I just don't get Lady Gaga, and thus far I seem to be immune to 'Bieber Fever'.  Creepy is what that is.  But every once in a while, I come across an exception, be it something I hear in a movie or a suggestion from a friend.  Today, a friend recommeded a band called Broken Bells.  I checked out one song on YouTube and immediately ordered the whole album for 5 bucks on Amazon (mp3 download).  I have been listening to it all day, every chance I got, and it is amazing.  James Mercer from the Shins has collaborated with Danger Mouse aka producer-musician Brian Burton to make a listen-on-repeat worthy album.  I love discovering new music, and I love to share it.  Have a listen, and maybe you'll feel the same way.




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments:

Post a Comment