Monday, February 13, 2006

Mini-Quiche and Mega Music

So I went home this weekend for my sister's baby shower.  Nothing personal, but I HATE baby showers.  I'm not sure why, but I always feel incredibly uncomfortable at them.  They are largely boring.  The food usually sucks.  (I've never been a fan of the finger sandwich.)  Then you play a silly game.  And you watch someone open a bunch of presents that generally mean nothing to you unless you have children.  SO, i hate showers, but I go anyway because that's what you gotta do when you're a woman with friends and family.  This one was better than the average shower.  The food was nicer, the game wasn't completely lame, and my niece was there to entertain me. 

Shane went with me, and Saturday night we went to the Beta Bar to see my friend Pedro's band, The Soular System, play.  They were great!  They always are.  There was a band opening for them called Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings and they friggin' rocked!!!  They're from Brooklyn, and worth the drive to Brooklyn to see.   Truly.  I bought the CDs, which are great, but  they are infinitely better live.  Same with The Soular System.  They know how to put on a great show.  This was by far the best show I've been to in quite a while.  If you ever have the chance to check either of these guys out, you'd be a fool not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment