Monday, April 14, 2008

Alive and Kickin'

I realized today that I haven't written anything in quite a while, and in that while, my life has completely changed. My relationship came to an unfortunate end, as did my residence in Panama City. And nobody seemed to notice. It's been tough coming to terms with the fact that for all the people I cared a lot about in Panama City, to the people I honestly considered my friends, it turns out I am pretty much wholly irrelevant. That little epiphany smarts. Might even leave a mark. But it's probably my own fault. You teach people how to treat you, I heard Dr. Phil say the other day. Somehow, I lost sight of myself in PC, began defining myself by my relationships, and I spent a lot of time caring about a bunch of people who just aren't that interested in me, as it turns out. You live, you learn. I'm working on applying that knowledge.
I am living in Tallahassee at the moment, staying with my folks until I can pick up the pieces of the life I let fall apart and get back on my feet. It's not easy coming back home at my age, but I'm grateful that I have somewhere to go home to. I'm still job hunting in both PC and Tally, and I guess the results of that effort will determine where I ultimately end up. I did apply for one job in particular last week that I REALLY want, and I hope something will come of that this week. It's a great opportunity with lots of room for advancement, so keep your fingers crossed for me!
To pass the time while I wait to hear from some of my applications, I have been doing a lot online. I have created two websites, which is something new to me. The first one is a memorial site for my Grandma, http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d3LnJlbWVtYmVyaW5naXJlbmVyYW1zZXkubmV0Lw==, and the second is a work in progress, but I hope will be a site I can use to generate some extra income.
Speaking of extra income, I have created two charitable funds also. I have joined up with an awesome organization called Together We Can Change the World, who have come up with an ingenious way to generate funds on an on-going basis for non-profit groups, college funds, or simply people seeking extra income called My Power Mall. It's been pretty exciting watching the money add up! And I haven't had to sell anything or ask anyone for money. The first fund is in my Mom's name, and the proceeds will go to the MS Society. Her mall is located at http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d3Lm15cG93ZXJtYWxsLmNvbS9iaXovaG9tZS8xMTk4MTA=. The second one is called the Irene Ramsey Angel Fund, and is in place to continue my grandmother's legacy of giving. The proceeds from this fund will go to Lynn Haven United Methodist Church, and First Baptist Church of Lynn Haven. Her mall is located at http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d3Lm15cG93ZXJtYWxsLmNvbS9iaXovaG9tZS8xMjExMTM=. If you're interested in raising money for your own favorite group, or just making some extra cash, you should really visit one of those sites and watch the business video. It's an awesome organization, it's completely free to join, and you will be helping needy children with every purchase you make. And I've gotten some REALLY awesome deals on stuff. So if you do any shopping online, ever, you owe it to yourself to check this place out. Sign up. If you don't like it, quit. There really is no catch, and nothing to lose. But there's everything to gain. Ghandi used to say, "Be the change you wish to see in the world." I'm trying, but I can't do it by myself. I need all the help I can get!
So, between the websites I've created and the Power Mall fundraising, I've learned a LOT about internet marketing, and advertising and such. It's been so interesting. MPM offers you a wealth of knowledge, with their online tips and free e-books, and I learned an awful lot there, but I've also done quite a bit of independent research. I'm playing around a little with html, which I knew almost nothing about, and I've even been designing my own animated GIFs, which is just fun. I love learning new things, and I have been SO bored here. If my social schedule doesn't pick up soon, I may be a computer genius before you know it.
I'm beat. So I'm gonna go to bed now. I had no idea how late it had gotten. Holy crap.

1 comment:

  1. hey! great blog! I always like hearing how you're doing. It was good to see you on saturday...i wish i had visited more with you...my picture taking has sorta taken over my brain lately so much so that i took over 600 pics. Whoa - sorry. We'll have to sit down and catch up soon. love you and i'm proud of you - its not always easy to bounce back after a hard time but i know you're on the way!
    (Branch, MySpace, 2008)

    ReplyDelete