Monday, September 19, 2005

Sequel to Love and War

So it seems I may have been a little one-sided in my representation of love this morning.  In the interest of fairness, I have decided to include some other viewpoints.  I apologize, too, for my earlier melodrama.  Miscommunication can be a real bitch when you are feeling emotionally vulnerable and afraid.  

"You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see, but you cannot close your heart to the things you do not want to feel." - Anonymous

"I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way." – Pablo Neruda

"Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties" -  Jules Renard  

“There is always some madness in love.  But there is also always some reason in madness.” – Friedrich Nietzsche

 

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love." - Washington Irving

No comments:

Post a Comment