Thursday, July 19, 2007

Woot! Goes the Lonely Insomniac

I can't sleep. Nothing terribly unusual there. But tonight I have been too distracted by a dangerous new discovery on the internet to deal with the TV, so I have been permanently scarred by two infomercials in a row. If you haven't seen the ad for the "Hip Hop Abs", well you just wouldn't understand. It is something special. And directly following that freak show was a bunch of wackos raving about this air stepping thing, all while looking like idiots. Currently there are two women with breasts larger than my head and shirts cut down to their navels telling me that they can make me rich on the internet. I'll bet they can.

Anyway, I discovered Woot.com today. This is not a good thing. A very cool site where they have one item, very deeply discounted each day until it sells out. Just one item. It changes every night at midnight central time. But today just happens to be different. It's an occasion called a "Woot-off", indicated by flashing lights on the page, and means that as soon as one item sells out, it's immediately replaced by another. You have no idea what's next, or how long the items keep coming, or how many of each item there is. I already bought two things. Both for my significant other. But now I can't put the damned computer away, because what if that thing I want is next? What is that thing I want? I haven't the foggiest. But this is one of the cooler websites I've ever spent money at. Now I'm sleepy. Must go to bed.



'

No comments:

Post a Comment